Thursday 3 October 2013

Why I love bubble tea

Today I finally found a little stall that sells Bubble Tea like the ones I used to buy from Oxford - just Jasmine tea with bubbles. Usually the bubble teas I've bought in China (and especially the ones I bought in Bangkok) were way too sugary and they almost always had milk in the, which was way too rich for me.

So why am I crazy about bubble tea? For those of you who don't know what it is, bubble tea is the name given to any tea (and sometimes juice or smoothie) that has tapioca pearls in the bottom. If this description is blowing your mind, take a look at this picture:

Now, I must confess that I have a strange phobia/reaction to anything that has a lot of hole-type things- the picture opposite being an example, a sponge being another example - but I make an exception for bubble tea.

Now here is why I love it. Bubble tea is not just a drink. It's a challenge. So you think you've finished your drink? Think again. There is a high probability that you will find a tapioca pearl or two hiding in the bottom of your cup. You must, needless to say, find and eat every single one. That's another think, it's like drinking and eating all rolled into one. Tell me what other foodstuff/drink can top that? Not many. Not many at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment