Thursday 3 October 2013

Doing some walking in Jinan


Today I decided to try to get to the Yellow River park, north of Jinan. I made it an admirable distance by getting on random bus numbers and getting off them when I felt that they were heading in the wrong direction - this technique got me surprisingly far! In the end however, I decided not to continue to the Yellow River because the roads were so heavily traffic jammed that I decided not to torture myself too much.

I ended up getting off near Jinan Zoo where I found a multitude of street vendors selling all types of food:





The second and fourth pictures show 'toffee apple sticks' which are delicious! I also found a man squeezing out fresh sugar cane juice, just like the juice we get in Egypt. But in China the sugar canes are black not green:

Continuing on my journey, I decided to get on another random bus. Which number do I like best? I thought to myself. A number 4 bus pulled up to the bus stop and it looked like there were quite a few empty seats on it, so I hopped on. It turned out to be the right decision because the bus took me to a a hustling and bustling part of the city that I'd never known about. I grabbed some food from a local street vendor (rice, sweet and sour chicken, tofu and some other stuff - the picture is below, maybe you can tell me what I ate?) then continues on my merry little way.
On my travels I saw a number of people selling pets of all kinds: snakes, hamsters, tortoises and little kittens:

On my way home I saw the cutest old man eating a banana very slowly. He was rather poor but if he'd asked me for money I think I would have given him the entire contents of my wallet.



No comments:

Post a Comment