Tuesday 7 January 2014

Candy Apples? Pfff, in China it's all about the Candy Cucumbers!

I was walking on a busy student street in Jinan yesterday, when I saw something I had never dreamed of:


They actually caramelized ENTIRE cucumbers! I think included amongst the other things they creatively experimented with caramelizing were Chinese yams and some black fruit/vegetable that I have never tried before.

So there it is folks, just look to China if you want to know how to take the next step in creativity and enterprise. Who else would have thought of caramelize a CUCUMBER? I think it will take me a long time to live this one down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chinese firecrackers are used to celebrate the opening of new stores. This new liquor store is near my apartment-community and yesterday they were getting ready to set off these very loud disturbers of the peace.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news: Anyone fancy some spare hair? This hairdresser is flaunting its trimmings for all to see. It made me feel a little nauseous truth be told.



No comments:

Post a Comment