Thursday 26 September 2013

Spinning in China

The first time I did spinning in China I was happy. The trainer was crazy and energetic, and I worked hard - my T-shirt reached sweat saturation levels, which is what I always aim for. The only thing was that the music was so loud  ended up feeling sick because my poor ear drums were being blasted into oblivion.

Disco spinning
Here, they do spinning in the dark with LED lights and lasers that are there to kindly blind the hell out of you. Anyway, last time I came prepared. I wore sunglasses, cap and ear plugs.

Earplugs- a necessary addition
Another problem I have with spinning here is that they are very fond of cycling whilst standing. Then they like to do quick knee bends in time with the music. The problem I have with this is that the pressure put on the knees is NOT GOOD! So I tend to do my own thing and ignore the trainer.

I'm hoping to get fitter so that I can do some sort of race next year - maybe the Great Wall Marathon? That would be cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment